Staff Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
Since 2013 KeepTruckin has been on a mission to radically transform the transportation industry with the power of IoT. Connecting over 200K vehicles across US and Canada, we’re proud to be on the Forbes Cloud 100 list for technology startups. We attribute our success to relentless focus on our users’ needs and consistently striving to deliver the most valuable experience.
As we continue to expand our suite of products on top of our massive network of devices, we are looking for a talented Staff Product Designer who can take experience design for new products to the next level. You will partner up with product leadership and help us build an understanding of our user base with your research chops, rapidly iterate through different solutions with cross functional partners to arrive at the best product, and deliver high quality designs to bring those ideas to life. Your peers would be from a highly competitive design and engineering team that is relentlessly focused on quality and user experience.
- Partner with product and company leadership to help build a deeper understanding of our user base and their challenges
- Schedule and prioritize solutions in partnership with product based on the most valuable outcome to the business. Iterate through a clearly defined product design process to arrive at the best solutions for problems
- Work with designers across product teams and lead broad, organizational-wide initiatives, such as improving the design system and design practices
- Help build, guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Solicit feedback from designers and product partners within and beyond your product team
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help lead critique, design reviews, quarterly planning, and sprint planning
- Recruit and interview designers, and actively improve our inclusive design hiring process
- 7+ years of extensive experience in a leading individual contributor role, on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Extensive experience closely partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.