Sr. Data Scientist
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
About the job:
We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to build the models that power a key new focus area for KeepTruckin. As an early member of our team, you’ll help frame the problems, build the first models, and bring our machine learning capabilities from zero to one.
You’ll embed yourself deep in the world of trucking and help understand the forces that govern it. Working with geospatial, transportation, and economic data, you’ll help optimize the way freight moves throughout North America.
- Build, improve, and maintain machine learning models
- Apply statistical models and quantitative analysis on large datasets to measure and identify areas for improvement/optimization in the product
- Lead efforts to collect new data and help refine our existing data sources
- Educate and steer the organization towards adopting a more data-driven approach
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, e.g. Computer Science, Math, Economics, Engineering, or Statistics
- 4+ years experience in data science, machine learning, and data analysis
- Expert in applied probability and statistics
- Deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Expert in data-oriented programming (e.g. SQL) and statistical programming (e.g., R, Python)
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.