Senior Human Resources Business Partner (SR. HRBP)
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
Are you someone with an active, creative streak? Do you love fast-paced, exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact on many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
This Senior HR Business Partner role will be working closely with the Global Head of HR and Workplace to help define and implement an HRBP function globally. From acting as strategic business partner driving the development of a strategy aligned with the organizational and people needs of their business to more hands-on establishment of the employee relations practices and employee relations investigations policy/guidelines creation. As the HRBP function takes shape this position will partner with the business, drive the execution of the people and culture strategy, create operational plans, and roadmap for the business unit. The HRBP will work in partnership with the Head of Global HR & Workplace, Sr. Director HR Operations and Total Rewards and the Talent Acquisition team as we build out the People function. We are looking for a highly collaborative, execution-focused individual who will dig deep into how to support the business at scale (leadership development, performance plans, success planning, analytics, individual coaching, etc). With our rapid growth, we are constantly looking for ways to develop and support our leaders so our employees have an engaging experience. This is not your typical Investigations role. You will be a steward of KeepTruckin’s culture, leveraging insights from your work to identify trends and strategize solutions. As part of our People function, your goal is to empower an exceptional organization that drives KeepTruckin’s success.
- Help develop and build the KeepTruckin’s people culture and strategy based on consultation with the People team, as well as the management team.
- Assist in leading the global implementation of the culture and people dimensions for KeepTruckin
- Provide input to the Culture Team strategy, initiatives, and accountabilities, drawing on KeepTruckin’s strategy and priorities, and their knowledge, experience, and expertise
- Help build, and globally scale, our company employee relations investigation process and procedure
- Develop investigation best practices and protocols that support KeepTruckin’s culture and ensure KeepTruckin’s sense of belonging
- Partner with varied stakeholders to conduct investigations, provide counsel, and facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution of workplace concerns to foster a positive employee experience
- Act as a trusted adviser, coach, and consultant for senior leaders to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance
- Monitor the “pulse” of the organization, supporting employees through hardship and influencing managers to enact changes that preserve KeepTruckin’s unique culture while supporting the needs of KeepTruckin employees
- Provide insights to people relations trends and assist in developing proactive strategies, solutions, programs, and policies with HRBP, L&D, and Leadership
- Provide expertise in the following areas: career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, employee relations, learning and development, and recognition programs
- Partner with our HR Operations and Total Rewards team on any compensation and benefit related inquiries
- Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points and stages
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Minimum 10 years of relevant HR experience, preferably partnering with operations, sales and/or engineering functions
- 5+ years of experience conducting internal or external investigations
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development
- A combination of HR experience in the following areas: Organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity and inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching and development, talent acquisition, data analysis, and employee relations
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style and strong customer service orientation
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Knowledge of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters
- A track record of providing HR consultation to senior leadership on strategic initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including familiarity with global HR practices and policies
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels of the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as comfort with large group presentations
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct investigations that withstand cross-examination in multiple jurisdictions with a thoughtful, non-prosecutorial approach
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, coach, and partner across employee seniority levels and backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively across geographical and cultural boundaries, while identifying systemic issues. This requires a high degree of empathy balanced with direct feedback and the ability to communicate sensitive information
- Must be able to travel on an as needed basis
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.