Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As a Senior Embedded Hardware Engineer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong hardware development background, with hands-on experience developing complex systems, and who are natural team players, to join our Embedded Systems Team.
- ELD hardware development, testing, manufacturing, and troubleshooting
- Creation / modification of schematics / BOMs, oversee the PCB layout process
- Creation / modification of cable drawings / BOMs
- Creation of test plans, as they pertain to designs
- Work closely with the Embedded Software Engineers to validate system functionality
- Work closely with our Supply Chain Team to transfer the design to production
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of previous work experience, MS Preferred
- Proficiency in schematic entry, embedded circuit design
- Proficiency in GPS, USB, Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, cellular)
- Experience in automotive vehicle networks (J1939, J1708, OBDII) a plus
- Experience various sensing technologies (e.g., temperature, pressure, acceleration, gyroscopes, etc.) a plus
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.