Lead Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As a Lead Frontend Engineer, you will have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our KeepTruckin for Fleets product. We are looking for experienced candidates with extensive frontend experience, in-depth understanding and familiarity with Angular framework, and a proven ability to oversee a team of frontend engineers.
- Lead a team of front end engineers to design, develop, and deliver product features and improvements
- Design and architect components for implementation in Angular and other frontend technologies
- Work with product and design teams to evaluate feasibility of new features
- Plan implementation with product team and ensure timely execution
- Review code and output of frontend engineering peers
- Hire and train new engineers
Ideal candidate has:
- Experience leading a team of developers
- 4+ experience in frontend development and 1-2 years experience in Angular
- Experience using frontend build tools like Gulp, Grunt, etc
- Some experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web framework
- Familiarity with AWS, specifically S3