San Francisco, CA
About Us:KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
Position Overview:The Accounting Manager will be a key member of the Finance team and will report directly to the Vice President of Finance. The Finance team is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate financial reporting.
The Accounting Manager will work in the San Francisco headquarters and be responsible for accounts payables, payroll, and the financial reporting process of the company. In addition, the role will enforce the current financial reporting policies and the implementation and improvement of internal controls.
- Oversee all accounting related tasks including general ledger, revenue recognition, Accounts Payable, and cash reconciliations
- Manage the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting
- Lead day to day interaction with independent auditors and tax preparers
- Develop and implement necessary financial accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Build out an excellent accounting team -- hire, train and mentor the team
- Provide the leadership, structure and vision needed for the team to excel as the company grows
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Work collaboratively across departmental functions, providing actionable insights to help drive optimal business decisions
- BA/ BS degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent field with a CPA
- 6+ years of total experience including at least 3 years in a corporate environment
- Big four public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Previous experience performing or managing an audit
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks, Zuora, and Salesforce.com
- Must be proactive, organized, and work in a fast paced environment
- Always curious and always learning