Senior Engineering Manager, Data Platform
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
With industry-leading Electronic Logging Device (ELD) hardware and Fleet management platform- KeepTruckin is bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
About the Job:
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will lead KeepTruckin’s data platform, machine learning tooling and serving. We need an experienced and ambitious technology leader who can think strategically & architecturally, articulate a compelling long-term technical vision, develop and execute realistic implementation plans, and manage our Engineering team.
In this role, you will facilitate organizing massive volume of telematics, vehicle data, dashcam video and map data, making it available for product engineering teams to rapidly build new features, tooling necessary for applied machine learning prototypes and serving in production. In return, you'll receive visibility across the organization and will be a key voice in one of the most exciting companies in the transportation industry.
What you will do:
- Define and implement a technology vision, incl. make/buy decisions for all business-critical systems and applications, that supports an ambitious business strategy of profitable growth
- Bootstrap and build a group of individual contributors and managers
- Build a deep understanding of data needs and leverage those insights to champion data platform design for a maximum productivity
- Evangelizing KeepTruckin data to build advanced products
- Understand whole company’s machine learning tooling needs, including data science and business intelligence teams
- Advocate for right machine learning tooling solutions for the whole company
- Design data and machine learning model serving solutions across different product verticals
- Leverage and integrate advanced technology into process design to maximize return on investment and minimize costs
- Actively contribute to the amazing work culture
What you will bring:
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related domains
- 3+ years of experience managing a team of greater than 10 people
- Understanding and experience working with agile techniques and tools
- Ability to perform architectural work, including the development of technical designs and definition of requirements based on an explanation of business issues experienced by internal/external customers and vendors
- Experience with cloud technologies like AWS is a big plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.