Business Intelligence Manager
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
About the Job:
As a Business Intelligence Manager, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our stakeholders at all levels using data to drive strategy (Finance, Product, Customer Success, Marketing & Sales). You’ll lead in the design, execution, and analysis to tackle our unsolved business problems. We are looking for candidates who can not only analyze complex data sets with an acute attention to detail, but also provide hypotheses and test why specific metrics are changing.
- Develop predictive models such as identifying customer churn, addressing forecast accuracy, and market sizing.
- Perform exploratory product data analysis to identify gaps, test hypotheses and formulate opportunities to inform roadmap
- Teach internal teams on technical skills and guide users through new dashboard and analytics tools and create support documentation.
- Be a champion of data culture among our teams and mentor junior team members Collect and develop requirements for business-facing issues to translate to technical problems.
- Partner with business teams to set KPIs and report weekly on performance to proactively find gaps, set targets, and identify new market opportunities
- Build self-service tools to enable cross-functional teams to optimize processes
- Interface with executives to drive projects from inception to completion - data warehousing, ETL, modeling, dashboarding, and recommending insights
- Create, optimize and maintain queries against large databases and automate reporting and ETL jobs.
- Design and create visualizations and dashboards across Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success that empower them to access data and draw insights in a self-serve manner
- 5-7 years in an analytical or strategic role
- B.A./B.S in Math, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline
- Experience with SQL - extracting, transforming, loading, then analyzing data
- Experience with Looker or other visualization tools
- Familiarity with Python/R, or other scripting language using statistical packages, such as NumPy and Pandas
- Experience with Snowflake Data Warehouse, Salesforce CRM, and big plus if you’re familiar with AWS
- Demonstrated self-learner interest and curiosity
- Ability to problem-solve and work in an evolving environment
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.