Senior Test Bench Engineer
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located right outside Buffalo in Amherst, you could be just a quick drive from taking a selfie at Niagara Falls, walking downtown enjoying famous architecture created by Frank Lloyd Wright, or viewing prized art at the Albert Knox-Art Gallery. For the sports fans—or fans of hot dogs and beer—Buffalo is home to three professional sports teams. After work, you can find our KeepTruckin Buffalonians tailgating at a Bills game, throwing axes at Hatchets and Hops, or partaking in a Buffalo food tour.
About the Job:
As KeepTruckin’s Sr. Test Bench Engineer, you will play an active part in ensuring our products are ready for release. You will be a key player to develop the Test tools that validates the performance of our products. This role is crucial as we are testing for the high reliability and compliance of our Electronic Logging Device. Working closely with the hardware and software teams, this test bench and other tools will evolve over the years. You will continuously increase test coverage and our ability to deliver challenging features to market.
- Designs, develops and documents the assembly of test racks utilizing commercial off-the-shelf equipment and internally-designed components, where needed
- Build testing tools as required, in order to improve testability of the system
- Integrate external instruments and technologies into the testing systems
- Develop and release automated solutions to improve efficiencies of the global test organization
- Understand the testing setup and troubleshoot any problems with the test station
- Develops test strategies and plans in accordance with business and product requirements
- Creates automated test scripts using common scripting languages
- Performs setup of modules/wiring and maintains test benches appropriately
- Prepare and execute test plans and document results
- Work with cross functional teams to understand what they are trying to test
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering degree
- 5-7 years in a product engineering or test engineering role in an embedded environment, preferably in automotive
- 2 years creating automation scripts
- 3-5 years HIL (Hardware-in-the-Loop) systems development and usage
- Working knowledge of functional and non-functional software testing, software test life cycle, and various test design methodologies (function, performance, stress, load, risk-based, scenario, etc.)
- Working knowledge of shell scripting and integrating multiple systems into a complete validation solution
- Vehicle networking experience (CAN)
- Working knowledge of protocol based tools like Vector CANoe, CANalyzer, etc
- Working knowledge of multiple scripting languages (CAPL, Python, etc.)
- Working knowledge of other programming languages (C#, Labview, etc.)
- Experience in Hardware integration (Power supply, GPS, GPIB, SCPI, etc.)
- Software testing training (SQE, ISTQB, etc.,) would be a plus
- Capable project management and time management skills
- Creative problem-solver capable of creating and reproducing software bugs
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.