Senior Electrical Design Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
About the Job:
With the usual greeting from coworkers, the aroma of bagels getting toasted and coffee brewing, you settle in at your desk to begin the day. Checking the latest email threads for important information from the Taiwan team, you finalize your summary of current issues, solutions and progress for the daily sync meeting. During the sync meeting you receive congratulations from the team because you describe the root cause to a critical issue you’ve and the hardware team has found.
Lunch is ready, it’s time for a break! You relax for a bit while enjoying the catered lunch and conversation with great team mates.
After the recharge of lunch and excited about the progress that’s been made, you dig into the schematic review to support a request from the firmware team to debug a circuit on the new PCB we just received. To finish up the day you use your excellent test skills to help the hardware team finish up some in circuit analysis testing.
Does this sound like an intriguing and fulfilling day? If so, KeepTruckin has an excellent opportunity.
- Electrical architecture review, component test and characterization, schematic and layout review
- Serve as the lead EE contact to embedded firmware teams
- Electrical test and validation of all electrical designs
- Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation to complete electrical test and validation
- Develop electronic prototypes for new product concepts
- General debugging and testing
- BS/MS in a relevant field (EE, CS or Physics)
- 5 years relevant experience
- Expertise in consumer electronic design, including component characterization, schematic design and review, layout design and review
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces, layout for low-noise and switching power supply circuits, RF coexistence
- Comfort and ability to use all types of electronic test equipment
- Broad knowledge of engineering concepts (device behavior, data analysis, and systems modeling)
- Strong test and debug skills
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and solve performance problems
- Verbal and written Chinese will be a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.