Lead Backend Engineer
San Francisco, CA
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As a Lead Backend Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play an active part in designing backend components and services of the KeepTruckin platform, implementing scalable architecture, and overseeing the work of a team of backend developers. We are looking for candidates who have in-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework, experience using AWS, and solid understanding of relational databases such as PostgresSQL.
- Architect and design backend components in Ruby on Rails or allied technologies
- Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, web services, and other integrations
- Play an active role in managing our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Manage and lead Backend development team
- Help the product team to determine technical feasibility of features
Ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years professional experience in Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years professional experience in using a relational database such as PostgresSQL
- Experience in maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience in managing a team of developers
- Experience with NoSQL database such as DynamoDB is a plus!