Backend Architect - Ruby on Rails
San Francisco, CA
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As the Backend Architect, you will play an active part in designing backend components and services of the KeepTruckin platform. Reporting to the CTO, you will implement scalable architecture and oversee the work of an enthusiastic team of backend developers. We are looking for candidates who have in-depth knowledge of Ruby on Rails framework, experience using AWS, and solid understanding of relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
- Architect and design backend components in Ruby on Rails or allied technologies
- Improve the performance and reliability of our services including databases, web services, and other integrations
- Play an active role in managing our cloud infrastructure on AWS
- Help the product team to determine technical feasibility of features
- 4+ years professional experience in Ruby on Rails
- 2+ years professional experience in using a relational database such as PostgresSQL
- Experience in maintaining AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience with NoSQL database such as DynamoDB is a plus!
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.