Associate Tax & Control
Finance & Accounting
KeepTruckin is on a mission to connect the world’s trucks. With the leading ELD and fleet management platform, we are bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
The numbers tell the story:
- The KeepTruckin network is composed of more than 200,000 trucks and is expected to grow to 400,000 by end of 2018.
- We grew from $1 million to more than $50 million in annual recurring revenue in 12 months, among the fastest growing SaaS companies ever.
- Our Glassdoor rating is 4.8 stars. We have built an incredible culture with high trust and transparency, where people feel empowered to do their best work.
About the Job:
As an Associate Tax & Control, you will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements. This role is responsible for income tax calculations, reviewing tax returns and supporting work papers, coordination with authorities, researching complex tax matters and SECP filling and controls.
- Responsible for income tax & provincial sales taxes
- Prepare Employee tax calculations and prepare current and deferred tax provision.
- Assist tax compliance, reporting, and filing for the company and SECP filling
- Assist with timely and accurate filing of all corporate and personal income tax and GST returns
- Act as the key point of contact and support for our taxation matters
- Liaison with tax authorities and provide tax audit support for the company
- Assist and coordinate tax audits & maintain tax balances on general ledger
- Assist with the establishment of tax department and social security matters
- Assist in the documentation with the compliance of notices issued by Tax authorities
- Issue summaries on monthly basis tax updates at both federal and Provisional tax levels.
- Assist with control matters & Any other tasks as assigned by tax manager
- Have a minimum of five years of experience, with a minimum of two years of tax and control specialization
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting & Finance
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Strong financial systems background
- Detailed oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & meet strict deadlines
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.