Software Quality Assurance Analyst
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As a Software Quality Assurance Analyst, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a sense of curiosity and strong attention to detail. Reporting to our Director of Hardware Engineering, you will work closely with a team of talented engineers out of our Buffalo location.
- Testing embedded software on an Electronic Logging Device
- Execute test cases and log defects into our defect tracking system
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Test implementation, unit testing results analysis, and data validation
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Develop Test Reports after executing a Test Plan Detailing Summary and Test Results
- Develop Bug Reports prior to every release detailing all open defects
- Collaborate with other departments and facilitate escalation and/or triage of issues
- 1 to 3 years experience in S/W Quality Assurance
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Hands on experience with Black Box Testing
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, KANBAN, and S/W testing life cycles
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools (JIRA preferable)
- Knowledge of test management tools (HipTest, Zephyr, or Helix)
- Familiarity with Linux-based embedded systems and testing of H/W devices
- Knowledge of OOP and data structures are a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, C, C++) - PC and embedded
- Diploma in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical degree
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.