Tier 3 Support Engineer, Hardware
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the Job:
The Tier 3 Support Engineer (SE) is a technical customer support representative that manages, tracks, diagnoses, and troubleshoots Embedded cases. They also train, educate, assist, and provide guidance to other employees within Support and across the company, as needed. An important aspect is to identify and alert the necessary stakeholders on larger issues and trends, and understanding the magnitude of the issues before escalating.
- Evaluate all incoming defective equipment for approval or further troubleshooting
- Work with internal team members and external customers to explain issues and provide next steps
- Alert the necessary internal stakeholders of trends or issues occurring with the hardware or software
- Create documentation and provide technical training to other members of Support and other teams within the company, as needed
- Determine how to resolve support issues -- what changes need to be made to underlying data/hardware/process and how to apply them with minimal user disruptionDetermine root cause of errors/bugs -- use the data and tools we have to trace the origin of data inconsistencies and bugs and report them to engineering
- Perform analysis of data to determine impact/prevalence of issues -- use tools like Looker, SumoLogic, and SQL to determine appropriate next steps
- 2+ years in a Support / technical Support role
- Computer Science or technical background
- Proficient in SQL & Linux Bash Scripting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Solid oral and written communicator
- Team player and can work in a professional environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or Google Suite
- Willing to travel up to 3% of the time, when required, for customer visits or training
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.