San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
With industry-leading Electronic Logging Device (ELD) hardware and Fleet management platform- KeepTruckin is bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
About the Job:
As a key member of our team, you will play an active part in designing, and managing our next generation KeepTruckin Android app. Your expertise will be contributed to redefining our architecture and building a world class offline-first mobile application with an enthusiastic team. We are looking for candidates who have a familiarity with Java and Kotlin, and a good understanding of system architectures (MVC, MVVM, Redux) and a forward thinking mindset aimed at high readability (declarative) code, as well as identifying problems or bottlenecks before they become issues.
- Develop new features for our Android (Java & Kotlin) KeepTruckin App for Fleets
- Improving one of our many existing features, including GPS tracking (Geofencing), Bluetooth and USB comms, Camera APIs, etc
- Work with product team to refine feature specs
- Communicate with back end engineers about API requirements or refinements
- Help support team to diagnose user problems
- Analyze our user's data to identify bugs
- Be able to work as part of a small, tightly knit team
- 3+ years experience working on Android apps
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, Android lifecycle, custom views, database/persistence
- An understanding of Android UI/UX and application design paradigms
- An appreciation and understanding of automated app testing
- Knowledge in RxJava2, Dagger2 is a plus!
- Knowledge or interest in commercial vehicles/trucking is a plus!
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.