Embedded Software Engineer for Test
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As an Embedded Software Engineer for Test, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with hands-on experience testing and debugging complex systems to join our Embedded Systems Team. You will report to the Embedded Software Lead.
- Develop automated and manual functional tests
- Create vehicle simulation software
- Create data visualization S/W to help us analyze ELD data
- Develop unit tests
- Document test failures and isolate / fix / verify / validate software issues
- Comprehensively prove our S/W is functioning as expected
- 1+ years experience testing embedded system S/W - preferably ARM-based Linux
- 1+ years experience in PC-based programming - for internal tool development
- Bachelors's in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of unit test creation and code coverage analysis
- Working knowledge of sensor-based data acquisition (accelerometers, gyroscopes, GPS, etc.)
- Fluency in C / Python / C# / .NET / - including unit testing, data analysis / visualization
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.