Embedded Software Engineer for Test
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As an Embedded Software Engineer for Test, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong S/W development background, with hands-on experience testing and debugging complex systems, and who are natural team players, to join our Embedded Systems Team.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop automated and manual functional tests and test S/W
- Create vehicle simulation software for use by the Embedded and SQA Engineers
- Create data visualization S/W to help us analyze ELD data
- Develop unit tests for various types of S/W modules
- Document test failures and work with design engineers to isolate / fix / verify / validate software issues
- Help isolate S/W issues uncovered in the field using in-house test S/W
- Comprehensively prove our S/W is functioning as expected
- Be able to work as part of a small, highly-motivated, tightly-knit, Agile team
The ideal candidate has:
- 1+ years experience testing embedded system S/W - preferably ARM-based Linux
- 1+ years experience in PC-based programming - for internal tool development
- Bachelors's in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of unit test creation and code coverage analysis
- Working knowledge of sensor-based data acquisition (accelerometers, gyroscopes, GPS, etc.)
- Fluency in C / Python / C# / .NET / - including unit testing, data analysis / visualization
- Extreme attention to detail