Manager, Technical Support
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located right outside Buffalo in Amherst, you could be just a quick drive from taking a selfie at Niagara Falls, walking downtown enjoying famous architecture created by Frank Lloyd Wright, or viewing prized art at the Albright Knox-Art Gallery. For the sports fans—or fans of hot dogs and beer—Buffalo is home to three professional sports teams. After work, you can find our KeepTruckin Buffalonians tailgating at a Bills game, throwing axes at Hatchets and Hops, or partaking in a Buffalo food tour.
About the Job:
The Manager, Technical Support will be responsible for overseeing the Tier 2 and 3 Support teams with a strong focus on addressing complex and/or sensitive support issues. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of World Class Support technologies and have an overall technical savviness and passion for their teams successes.
The Manager, Technical Support will be an integral part of a team built on passion and excellence, using His or Her advanced technical skills and knowledge to help mentor and grow their teams. The ideal candidate is expected to provide innovative solutions to complex issues as well as manage the established SLA's (service level agreement's) while maintaining open & consistent communication channels with our Tier 1 Support team and other internal teams as well. The Manager, Technical Support will report to the Director of Global Support.
- Manage theTier 2 and 3 support teams and act as the point of escalations for Product, Software, and Hardware teams to resolve critical client issues
- Set standards and define best practices across both teams
- Collaborate with Tier 1 Support Managers on feedback for their staff and for support tickets involving key accounts
- Collaborate with the Director of Global Support on the strategy and execution of the Tier 2 and 3 plans, as well as on the development & continual improvement of processes & policies
- Analyze trends and make recommendations to the Product, Hardware and Software teams and determine resources needed to solve them
- Liaise with other departments to identify strategic accounts requiring extended support for advanced issues or assistance with special implementation projects
- Manage the team and individual performance, technical and skills development
- Ensure high quality & up-to-date documentation
- 7+ years of hands on experience in a technical environment with proven troubleshooting skills
- 5+ years experience as a manager of a technical support team in a SaaS or startup environment
- Strong technical and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to understand complex problems and implement actionable solutions
- Ability to build and mentor Tier 2 and 3 support agents globally
- Experience with Salesforce and Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant work experience
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.