Embedded S/W Engineer
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As an Embedded S/W Engineer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong S/W development background, with hands-on experience developing complex systems, and who are natural team players, to join our Embedded Systems Team.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Help develop our KeepTruckin ELD software
- Create vehicle simulation software for use by the Embedded and SQA Engineers
- Analyze network data streams including USB, TCP/IP, UDP, CAN, RS-232, BluetothLE, RFCOMM, 3G, HSPA+, LTE, ...
- Develop and diagnose network facing software
- Develop automated and manual functional tests and test S/W
- Develop unit tests for various types of S/W modules
- Be able to work as part of a small, highly-motivated, tightly-knit, Agile team
The ideal candidate has:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in C / C++ / Python - including unit testing, data analysis, data visualization
- Strong experience interpreting and implementing technical specifications including precise timing and data packaging
- Strong understanding of SOA design principles and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of network design including the OSI model
- Experience writing network facing software i.e. CAN, TCP/IP, UDP, MIL-STD-1553, ...
- Experience writing unit tests and running code coverage analysis tools
- Experience writing tests to validate software in automated test environments
- Experience reading/following electronic schematics preferred
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills