Human Resources Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As our first Human Resources hire, you have an opportunity to make a huge impact. Reporting directly to our COO, you will advise leadership on best practice, serving as the subject matter expert in employee relations. You will lead the implementation of employee policies, on-boarding, and our compensation philosophy. You thrive in a collaborative work environment who enjoy taking ownership of your work. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
- Act as a resource for employees regarding policies, procedures, benefits, and general questions
- Employee orientation, training and integration
- Assist in developing employee handbook, office policies and implementing policies
- Communication and facilitation of company-wide policies
- Develop and implement employee performance management review processes
- Manage benefits in partnership with brokers
- Implement and oversee employment compliance and reporting procedures
- Create and manage leave of absence process
- Facilitate employee separations and conduct exit interviews
- Partner with immigration attorney on foreign national work visas (F-1, H-1B, TN, PERM, etc.)
- Oversee personnel changes and salary administration
- Optimize payroll processing and compliance
- 3-5 years of experience in HR, preferably in a vibrant and growing startup culture
- Solid knowledge of Federal and CA State laws: EEOC, ADA, PDL, FMLA, CFRA, PFL, etc.
- You keep great records, stay on top of all tasks and deliverables, and have excellent follow-through
- Able to and balance priorities
- ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.