Software Support Engineer
KeepTruckin is on a mission to connect the world’s trucks. With the leading ELD and fleet management platform, we are bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
The numbers tell the story:
- The KeepTruckin network is composed of more than 200,000 trucks and is expected to grow to 400,000 by end of 2018.
- We grew from $1 million to more than $50 million in annual recurring revenue in 12 months, among the fastest growing SaaS companies ever.
- Our Glassdoor rating is 4.8 stars. We have built an incredible culture with high trust and transparency, where people feel empowered to do their best work.
About the Job:
As a Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to play an active part in ensuring our customers receive first class support for the KeepTruckin for Fleets platform. Fleets utilize our ELD devices in a variety of ways and there are occasionally unexpected results. The support engineering team is responsible for reconstructing user behaviors, analyzing usage patterns, finding bugs in software, documenting defects, coding fixes, and building internal tools. Understanding our data model, APIs, and the interaction of existing software systems will all be important for achieving success as a Support Engineer and the role is a natural stepping stone towards full time development on any of our engineering teams.
- Act as the entry point for all software related issues escalated by our Tier 2 Support team
- Analyze complex customer support cases that are escalated to engineering
- Find software defects and propose solutions
- Write scripts to analyze or correct existing data in bulk
- Build SQL-based dashboards for visualizing usage data
- Work with the product team and other engineering teams to improve the user experience for our customers
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Good communication skills
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- For internal candidates, performance in their current role will be taken into account
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.