Embedded Electronic Technician
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As an Embedded Electronic Technician, you will work closely with a team of talented engineers on the functionality of our hardware device. You are methodical and curious, able to test, analyze and improve a prototype. You will use data and test results to recommend changes to our device. This is an amazing opportunity for the right person.
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs, and modifies prototype and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems
- Discusses layout and assembly procedures and problems with Embedded H/W Engineers and draws sketches to clarify design details
- Assembles experimental circuitry or complete prototype models according to engineering instructions, technical manuals
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production model
- Analyzes and interprets test data
- Adjusts, calibrates, aligns, and modifies circuitry and components and records effects on unit performance
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations
- May operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as brackets, enclosures, and cases
- May check functioning of newly installed equipment in aircraft, ships, and structures to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions
- May aid in setup / repair of computers, printers, routers, and other IT equipment
- 1 to 3 years experience in Electronics Technology
- Familiar reading schematics, datasheets, requirements, specifications, etc.
- IPC-certified solderer, or equivalent certification
- Minimum 2-year degree in Electrical / Electronics Technology, or equivalent in experience
- Strong "hands-on" attitude
- Strong communication skills - oral & written
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.