Principal Product Manager, Hardware
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
As a Principal Product Manager at KeepTruckin, you will partner closely with other product managers, designers, engineers, and stakeholders to make our vision of connecting the world’s trucks a reality. In this role, we’ll be relying on you to own the success of hardware products that serve as the backbone of the fleet management platform. In return, you’ll receive visibility across the organization and will be a key voice in one of the most exciting companies in the transportation industry. This is a great time to join KeepTruckin, and we’re looking for heavy-hitters to join us on our mission.
- Own the hardware roadmap and build a deep understanding of how users interact with our hardware products
- Work closely with engineering and supply chain on product requirements, balancing user requirements with technical constraints
- Build financial models to demonstrate product viability and estimate pricing
- Partner closely with our industrial design and packaging team to design easy to use and easy to install hardware products
- Formulate, champion, and constantly rationalize the product roadmap.
- Actively contribute to an amazing work culture.
- Must have 8+ years of hardware product management experience
- High customer empathy, with a desire to get in the shoes of our customers
- Familiarity with financial modeling of hardware products (P&L, GM, ASP, MSRP, COGs, BOM, MVA, etc.)
- Deep understanding of hardware product lifecycle
- Experience working with ODMs and third parties to execute on hardware products
- Have enough technical knowledge to enough to gain the respect of the hardware engineering team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels
- Experience working within a high-growth technology environments
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.