Senior Manufacturing Engineer
San Francisco, CA
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong H/W manufacturing background, with hands-on experience developing complex systems, and who are natural team players, to join our Embedded Systems Team.
- Developing manufacturing requirements, conducting trade studies
- Developing prototype manufacturing solutions, executing design analysis / simulation
- Integrating prototypes, conducting verification / validation testing
- Debugging manufacturing failures, deploying products to mass production
- Strong skills in developing manufacturing processes such as SOPs, PFMEA, etc.
- Experience designing automated test systems for complex electronic systems
- Experience with quality control and failure analysis
- Experience with design tools such as SolidWorks, Altium, Cadence, or other CAD tools
- Experience with PLM, PDM, ECO, and BOM tools and processes
- Analytic mindset to probe, test, and decompose challenging problems into root cause issues
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to provide concise, clear, and detailed training for Manufacturing Technicians
- Ability to serve cross functional roles in a young company
- A record of owning projects successfully and working in a fast paced environment
- We operate as a team, so good teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Willing to travel up to 30%, with trips 7-15 days as needed, to bring up new designs
- 5+ years direct experience with Contract Manufacturing
- 5+ years of International experience, particularly Europe and Asia
- Experience with both prototype product development and large volume automated manufacturing
- Familiarity in cross functional design such as electrical engineering, software engineering, or other domains
- Familiarity with functional testing, reliability testing, and qualification of systems
- BS / MS in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent experience
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.