KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As a DBA you will play an important role in analyzing and improving the performance of the database systems that power the KeepTruckin for Fleets platform. We are looking for candidates with extensive experience with PostgreSQL, in-depth knowledge of SQL, strong understanding of indexing strategies, and how to optimize database performance.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Analyzing existing database indexes and removing those found to be unnecessary
- Determining where new indexes would improve performance
- Evaluating system configurations and performance tuning
- Scaling the database layer to achieve throughput targets through techniques like sharding
- Managing database upgrades and migrations with zero or minimal downtime
- Monitoring resource consumption and database capacity planning
The ideal candidate has:
- At least 3-5 years professional experience working with PostgreSQL 9.4+
- Strong understanding of database indexes
- Practical experience implementing scaling strategies
- Familiarity with tools available to assist with sharding and system resource monitoring
- Interest in commercial vehicles/trucking is a plus!