San Francisco, CA
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency and profitability of America's trucking industry by building great technology products for drivers and fleet managers. We are backed by Google Ventures, Index Ventures and Scale Ventures.
In 2013, we put a beta of the KeepTruckin Electronic Logbook App into the hands of a few hundred truck drivers who had until then used paper logbooks to record their Hours of Service — the response was tremendous. Today over 330,000 drivers and 8,000 fleets trust us with their logs.
But our work is just getting started — the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck and bus drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the KeepTruckin ELD hardware device, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking industry operates.
As a Data Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing large sets of data across a wide variety of domains to help KeepTruckin better understand how to: market, prospect, sell, provide support and service our customers. You will work with key business leaders and executive staff to make quick and thoughtful decisions that will drive KeepTruckin’s growth.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Partner closely with operations team leads and executive leadership to ensure their data, reporting and analytical needs are met
- Analyze the customer lifecycle, specifically in the following areas: the customer signup experience, the performance of paid advertising campaigns, the leads our sales team should reach out to, and many more
- Serve internal clients who are in need of data to drive decision-making, performance tracking, and insight discovery
- Analyze large amounts of financial and customer usage data and identify business insights, trends and opportunities based on your analysis
- Persuasively communicate your findings and recommendations to all levels of management through clear presentations and mastery of the qualitative factors that complement your analyses
The ideal candidate has:
- B.S. in Economics, Math, Statistics, Science(s), Computer Science, or Finance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Data Analyst or Strategy Consultant, or a similar field
- Experience with data gathering, visualization tools and data distribution via supporting tools/languages e.g. SQL (required), Excel (required), Oracle database 9i/10g, Looker, Tableau
- A good understanding of the SaaS business model, and various business processes, from Demand Generation to Sales, and customer support
- World class problem solving and analytical skills; strong passion for using data to solve critical and complex questions
- Strong communications skills with the ability to clearly communicate your findings and recommendations to all levels of management
- Proven track record of working and excelling in high pressure environment