VP of People
San Francisco, CA
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As our Vice President of People, you’ll serve as a key member of the Executive Team. You’ll be an integral business partner, providing counsel, developing roadmaps and executing on key people-related initiatives. You will drive cultural initiatives, performance management, engagement and retention, career development, compensation, and benefits for our growth startup.
As a people guru, you will guide us through the complex issues of a fast growing company, including: establishing and championing a people-focused, solutions-oriented approach that allows the entire organization to run smoothly. If you are a passionate, creative, data-driven leader who shares our desire to create an amazing place to work, we want to hear from you.
- Capability and Workforce Planning: Partner with leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives; prepare updated workforce plans and forecasts that support overall business goals
- Vision and Strategy: Work with the Executive team to collaboratively set and execute on the long-term vision for key People Ops initiatives, as well as the organization at large, consistently improving effectiveness and helping us achieve our overall business goals; drive future organizational design and change management initiatives to help maintain a high-performing, motivated, and impactful team.
- Values and Culture: Help promote our company values throughout each of our offices and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with our core beliefs. Help us to scale the organization in multiple locations, while maintaining our amazing, empowering culture.
- Diversity: Identify and drive initiatives that will foster a more diverse organization to enable us to more effectively achieve our business objectives.
- Performance Management, Rewards and Recognition: Develop and implement a company-wide performance management program that helps us identify high and low performers, promotes and rewards excellence, and drives continuous, multi directional transparent feedback across all disciplines.
- Professional Development: Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing our team’s capabilities and drive employee retention.
- Management and Leadership Training: Drive scalable solutions around making our leaders better managers; provide coaching and feedback to our existing leadership team and develop programs that prepare high-potential employees for management roles.
- Compensation and Benefits: Analyze existing global compensation packages and plan future comp across all functions; benchmark our current benefits package, and strategize for additional benefits as we scale
- Data and Compliance: Improve the collection and use of people-related data to aid in better decision making; develop key metrics to measure employee happiness, performance, engagement and retention; ensure compliance with all EEO, Employment, Benefits, Payroll and Wage-hour Laws across each of our offices.
- 15+ years direct People Ops (Human Resources) experience, with 5+ years leading People Ops teams in high-growth companies, and at least 2 years at the executive level
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- The proven ability to influence and drive change with executive teams and across agile startup organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth
- Proven success in delivering high-impact people operations programs around performance management, culture, employee engagement and retention
- A track record of being a People Ops business partner to executives across a variety of functional areas, and a demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- Experience owning compensation planning from start to finish
- Expertise in coaching across the full spectrum of seniority
- The ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.