Ruby on Rails Engineer
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As a Ruby on Rails Engineer you have an amazing opportunity to play a central role in developing core product, internal tools, and analytical features to support our KeepTruckin for Fleets product. We are looking for candidates with a CS background, experience with Ruby on Rails, in-depth knowledge of SQL, an eye for detail, and who are natural team players.
Your day to day responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop APIs and data models to support core product features
- Develop internal tools to streamline support and analytics processes
- Develop monitoring infrastructure for the KeepTruckin platform and report issues
- Be able to work as part of a small, tightly knit team
The ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years experience in web development
- Proficient in Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL
- Basic understanding of Linux/Unix systems
- Interest in commercial vehicles/trucking is a plus!