Human Resources Business Partner
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
As a HR Business Partner you will be working closely with the Senior HRBP and Workplace to help define and implement an HRBP function. From acting as a strategic business partner driving the development of a strategy aligned with the organizational and people needs of their business, to more hands-on establishment of the employee relations practices and employee relations investigations policy/guidelines creation. As the HRBP function takes shape this position will partner with the business, drive the execution of the people and culture strategy, create operational plans, and roadmap for the business unit. We are looking for a highly collaborative, execution-focused individual who will dig deep into how to support the business at scale (leadership development, performance plans, success planning, analytics, individual coaching, etc). You will be a steward of KeepTruckin’s culture, leveraging insights from your work to identify trends and strategize solutions. As part of our People function, your goal is to empower an exceptional organization that drives KeepTruckin’s success.
- Serve as a first point-of-contact for employee questions on HR policies and/or processes
- Maintaining a high-quality, timely, and professional service until each case is fully resolved
- Recording and tracking all employee contact in the company’s internal database and enrolling new employees
- Submitting employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and interpreting data while maintaining standard processes
- Contributing to the implementation and accomplishment of Human Resources practices by staying updated on various HR processes to answer employee queries
- You will help the larger HR team with HR-related tasks; and perform duties that are connected in some way to staffing, record-keeping and employee benefits
- Partner with varied stakeholders to conduct investigations, provide counsel, and facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution of workplace concerns to foster a positive employee experience
- Help develop and build the KeepTruckin’s people culture and strategy based on consultation with the People team, as well as the management team
- Minimum 5 years of relevant HR experience, preferably partnering with operations, sales and/or engineering functions
- 3+ years of experience conducting internal or external investigations
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related area preferred
- A clear, approachable, and friendly communication style
- Excellent self-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.