Senior Automotive Protocol Developer
San Francisco, CA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located in the city’s South of Market (SOMA) neighborhood, the KeepTruckin headquarters is a walk away from Oracle Park (go Giants!) and Union Square. Our building—built in 1923—has a unique industrial, open feel made comfortable with countless comfy couches and beautiful greenery. When they’re not working, you can find fellow team members playing pool, enjoying the rooftop view, and exploring this historical city.
About the Job:
As a Senior Automotive Protocol Developer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a strong vehicle communication protocol background and hands-on experience interfacing with vehicle networks. This role offers the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and new technologies. As a member of the Embedded Software team, you will be advising on the design, architecture, and testing of our products.
- Solve challenging problems related to vehicle communication protocol in embedded systems
- Provide technical direction through analysis and protocol validation of captured data
- Remain current on industry standards and best practices through conferences, trade shows and OEM visits
- Interpret captured data and test results to drive product innovation while maintaining compliance
- Work with technologies such as CAN, Serial and Ethernet
- Degree in Software/Computer/Automotive Engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience with automotive communication protocols
- Strong background in vehicle communication protocols including ISO 14229, SAE J1979, SAE J1939 or ISO 27145
- Exposure to embedded systems, ECU or scantool design and validation highly encouraged
- Knowledge of electrical hardware and software development is desired
- Expertise in writing tests to validate software in automated test environments
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.