Embedded Quality Assurance Software Engineer
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As an Embedded SQA Engineer you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop and execute our QA strategy. Reporting to the Director of Embedded systems, you will oversee the quality of our flagship product. If you are collaborative and have the gift of meticulous detail, we want to hear from you.
- Testing our Electronic Logging Device
- Develop and execute full system regression test plans
- Test implementation, unit testing results analysis, and data validation
- Participates in code reviews
- Develop QA artifacts such as defects, enhancements, and requirement traceability matrices
- Define, estimate, track, and report progress of S/W quality assurance efforts
- Collaborate with other departments and facilitate escalation and/or triage of issues
- 5+ years experience in S/W quality assurance
- Thorough understanding of software development life cycle
- Experience creating detailed regression and incremental test plans
- Familiarity with building test automation frameworks (TestNG, JUnit)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, KANBAN, and S/W testing life cycles
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools (JIRA preferable)
- Knowledge of test management tools (HipTest or Zephyr)
- Familiarity with embedded linux systems and testing of hardware devices
- Knowledge of OOP and data structures are a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.