Senior SQA Engineer
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their hours of service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
As a Senior SQA Engineer you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop and execute our KeepTruckin QA strategy. We are looking for candidates with strong Software Quality Assurance backgrounds and who are natural team players and leaders.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Testing the KeepTruckin Electronic Logging Device, an in-vehicle data acquisition system & communication gateway
- Develop and execute full system regression test plans
- Test implementation, unit testing results analysis, and data validation / verification from in-field devices
- Participates in code reviews / document test activities
- Develop QA artifacts such as defects, enhancements, requirement traceability matrices, test summaries, and release notes to support visibility and audit trails of the software development process
- Define, estimate, track, and report progress of S/W quality assurance efforts
- Manage the team's defect list within the quality defect management system
- Collaborate with other departments and facilitate escalation and/or triage of issues
Ideal candidate has:
- 5+ years experience in S/W quality assurance / testing
- Thorough understanding of S/W quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, metrics, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC) is critical
- Experience creating detailed regression and incremental test plans for functional and business use cases
- Experience with building test automation frameworks (TestNG, JUnit)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, KANBAN, and S/W testing life cycles
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools (JIRA preferable)
- Knowledge of test management tools (HipTest or Zephyr)
- Familiarity with embedded linux systems and testing of hardware devices
- Knowledge of OOP, data structures, and algorithms - a plus
- Very strong team / collaborative work ethic
- Interest in commercial vehicles such as heavy-duty vehicles is a big plus!
- Detail-oriented and possesses strong organizational, written, and verbal skills - a must!