Senior Technical Support Specialist - Embedded
KeepTruckin is on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulations that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD) to record their Hours of Service with the goal of improving road safety and reducing the paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, KeepTruckin is poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive amount of data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates - to increase fleet safety, efficiency, and cost-effectiveness.
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist - Embedded, you will serve as the primary interface between KeepTruckin's Technical Support Specialists and its Embedded Systems Team, concerning issues and questions related to KeepTruckin's on-vehicle embedded systems and/or vehicle operation. You will not only be responsible for providing world-class assistance to our customers, but will also have the opportunity to help us continually refine our products as the capabilities of various types of vehicles evolve.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
- Email, Chat, and Voice Support with KeepTruckin's Technical Support Specialists, who are KeepTruckin's initial direct customer contacts.
- Interface directly with customers, as required, to solve complex problems, following up with support material to help quickly solve future similar issues.
- For the most troublesome cases, occasional travel to customer sites (throughout the US and Canada) to record data and diagnose issues. (up to 5% travel)
- Analyze data created by KeepTruckin's ELD (and other sources), to isolate issues to a specific cause.
- Create internal bug reports and relay findings to the Embedded Systems Team.
- Look for ways to improve our product to reduce customer support issues.
The ideal candidate has:
- 2+ years in Technical Customer Service or developing technical support material.
- Strong analytical & computer skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills - with an outgoing personality.
- Natural self-starter - willing to effectively & efficiently pursue issues from start to finish.
- AS or BS in a technical field - engineering or computer science preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic electronics, embedded systems, computerized systems, and vehicle operations preferred.