Account Executive - Mid-Market
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, we are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As an Account Executive and an early member of the KeepTruckin team, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we sell our product. Reporting to the Mid-Market Regional Sales Manager, you will join an enthusiastic and collaborative Sales team. You have active listening skills and a knack for establishing rapport and trust. Using your competitive mindset and natural sales instinct, you will help the us achieve our goals, while being the face and voice of KeepTruckin.
- Strong ownership attitude -- you will own the end-to-end sale from prospecting, to demoing, to closing
- Work with Sales Development Team to craft prospecting guidelines
- Demo and present KeepTruckin software to prospective fleet managers
- Educate fleet managers about KeepTruckin, understand their requirements, and help them get started with KeepTruckin
- Test different tactics and channels to optimize our sales process
- Bring feedback from customers and prospects to the product and engineering team
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company
- Log sales activity (prospecting, opportunities, revenue, next steps) in salesforce.com
- Travel, as required, to meet prospects and customer face-to-face
- Ability to converse in a professional and knowledgeable manner on various industry topics and Internet technologies in order to ‘sell’ opportunities to prospective customers
- Highly developed organizational, planning and management skills
- Strong detail orientation with numbers, account close plans, follow through and contract details
- Active listening skills with ability to build trust and establish rapport
- A proven track record of prospecting new sales
- 3+ years of direct sales experience, ideally B2B sales at a software company. SaaS sales experience a plus; selling into transportation, compliance and/or trucking preferred but not required
- Demonstrated experience being able to conduct online sales presentations and product demonstrations
- Demonstrated experience developing new business relationships with all levels of midsize businesses; a true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close
- Success prospecting, engaging, acquiring net new logos
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Strong technical aptitude
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment with changing needs and requirements
- Bachelors Degree required
- Competitive mindset always striving for success
- Win As a Team mentality with a positive attitude
- Receptive to feedback, willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.