Head of Engineering Operations
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
With industry-leading Electronic Logging Device (ELD) hardware and Fleet management platform- KeepTruckin is bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
About the job:
As the Head of Engineering Ops, you will establish our engineering operations capability and serve as the chief of staff to the VP of Engineering. In this role, you will be leading and managing internal and external strategic initiatives such as budget planning, new-hire training, technical migrations, buy v/s build process, distributed development process and on-boarding program. You will establish a measure of success for engineering organization and create the right metrics in place. You will also use these metrics to identify and mitigate organizational and infrastructural inefficiencies. This role requires strong leadership skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and hands-on experience in project management skills.
- Build and own engineering metrics
- Lead engineering on-boarding and development programs
- Lead technical strategies such as unifying tech stacks and standardize development practices
- Identify and roll out processes to fill in gaps on documentation and developer environment
- Build and develop the KeepTruckin engineering brand internally and externally
- Roll out career ladder and promotion processes
- Organize and align across cross-functional partners and own executive communication on behalf of engineering
- Develop engineering management training programs
- Have strong project management experience
- Experience of influencing change without direct authority
- Have rolled out on-boarding or development programs for a large engineering organization
- Excellent communication skills
- Data-driven and able to crunch numbers
- Rolled out engineering initiatives
- Bachelors in Computer Science or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant development experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.