Supply Chain Quality Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are on a mission to improve the efficiency of America’s trucking industry by connecting the millions of drivers and vehicles that haul freight on our roads. We are backed by Google Ventures and Index Ventures.
In 2015, the U.S. Department of Transportation announced regulation that will require 4.5 million interstate truck drivers to use an Electronic Logging Device (ELD). The goal is to improve road safety and reduce paperwork burden on the industry.
With the leading ELD in the market, We are poised to build the largest network of connected commercial vehicles in the world. The massive data generated from this network presents an opportunity to fundamentally change the way the trucking market operates.
About the job:
As the Supply Chain Quality Manager, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. Reporting to the VP of Supply Chain and Manufacturing, you will leverage your manufacturing background to ensure superb quality of our hardware. You are collaborative, yet able to operate autonomously. If you have an eye for engineering and are a master of design process, we want you to join our supply chain and manufacturing team.
- Visit and evaluate supplier sites
- Execute supplier process improvements
- Correctly apply manufacturing processes and tests
- Communicate defects to supplier and internal customers
- Oversee part qualification and certification processes
- Discuss critical part characteristics and process controls
- Review tool, fixture, and part design
- Establish requirements with the design team
- Ensure proper engineering change implementation
- Close SCARs with structured closed loop
- Partner with R&D alongside supplier on New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
- Metrics reporting for measuring efficiencies and effectiveness of suppliers
- Lead investigations for “Factory Escapes” (defects identified after Receiving Inspection)
- 8+ years in manufacturing, quality, or engineering
- Familiarity with off-shore electro-mechanical manufacturing
- Expertise working with electronics and plastics
- Bachelor degree or higher with a major in engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of ISO Quality System standards
- Knowledge of FMEA, Control Plans, Flow Charts, SPC, MSA, Capacity Analysis, GR&R
- Ability to support Design reviews
- Expertise in New Product Development, including verification, validation and FMEA
- Ability to travel extensively (50%+) domestic and international
- Preference for bilingual English and Mandarin, spoken and written
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.