Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We are a Forbes Cloud 100 company and we’ve been recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019. We’re on the hunt to find talented individuals to join our growing team.
Located right outside Buffalo in Amherst, you could be just a quick drive from taking a selfie at Niagara Falls, walking downtown enjoying famous architecture created by Frank Lloyd Wright, or viewing prized art at the Albright Knox-Art Gallery. For the sports fans—or fans of hot dogs and beer—Buffalo is home to three professional sports teams. After work, you can find our KeepTruckin Buffalonians tailgating at a Bills game, throwing axes at Hatchets and Hops, or partaking in a Buffalo food tour.
About the Job:
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you have an amazing opportunity to shape the way we develop our products. We are looking for candidates with a solid software development background and hands-on experience developing complex systems to join our Embedded team. This role is ideal for an Engineer who is a strong, independent worker ready to take on new challenges, and eager to work with cutting edge technology. Reporting to the Director of Embedded Software Engineering, you will work with a collaborative and agile team.
- Own all phases of the product development lifecycle, from requirements gathering, design, prototyping, and implementation, to test and verification, and support
- Partner with hardware team in the review and selection of components for new products
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers on the team
- Optimize the performance of our embedded products
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams to deliver features used by a growing user base
- Software Engineering degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with automotive communication protocols.
- Expertise in C / C++ / Python
- Proficiency with Linux, Threadx, FreeRTOS
- Knowledge of embedded systems tools such as emulators, compilers, simulators, etc.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design principles
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.