Head of Engineering, New Platform, New Businesses
San Francisco, CA
Who We Are:
With industry-leading Electronic Logging Device (ELD) hardware and Fleet management platform- KeepTruckin is bringing the trucking industry online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
About the opportunity:
KeepTruckin is looking for a Head of Engineering, Platform, New Businesses who is equally passionate about developing new functionality and managing operations. We need an experienced and ambitious technology leader who can think strategically & architecturally, articulate a compelling long-term technical vision, develop and execute realistic implementation plans, effectively support business operations, and manage our Engineering team.
What You'll Do:
- Define and implement a technology vision, incl. make/buy decisions for all business-critical systems and applications, that supports an ambitious business strategy of profitable growth
- Develop a long-term product roadmap in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Drive the execution, launch, and daily operations of functionalities for internal/external customers and vendors at consistently high qualityIntroduce and continuously evolve cutting-edge development, release, and operations processes
- Develop, document, and improve best practices and coding standards
- Hire, manage, and develop a diverse team of highly qualified Engineers. This includes providing expert technical guidance, effective coaching and career development
- As needed, contribute to development tasks such as coding and feature verifications to assist teams with release commitments, to gain and deepen an understanding of our code base and business processes
Experience We're Looking for:
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years experience in Software Engineering or related domains
- Has experience working in high-throughput and low-latency systems
- 5+ years of experience managing 30+ engineers and 2+ years of experience managing engineering managers
- Ability to perform architectural work, including development of technical designs and definition of requirements based on an explanation of business issues experienced by internal/external customers and vendors
- Proven track record as a nimble and proactive thinker and doer, who thrives in an environment that demands excellence
- High degree of comfort with short release cycles, owning the full software lifecycle, and deep experience working on a product for public consumption
- Passion for continuous experimentation and learning, coupled with a desire to make things run faster, better, and cheaper
- Demonstrated success in hiring, managing, motivating, and promoting skilled Engineers
- An opinion on and solid understanding of what makes for a strong, healthy, and productive Engineering culture
- A track record as a strong individual contributor earlier in your career, with continued interest in rolling up your sleeves and pitch in with coding yourself when needed
KeepTruckin is a rapidly growing startup headquartered in San Francisco. We offer fantastic benefits, a phenomenal office culture, unlimited PTO, and a stocked kitchen. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. We consider qualified applicants without regard to sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.