Quality Assurance Analyst
Compliance – Quality Assurance (QA) /
Full-time (Remote/Work From Home)
Keller Mortgage (an affiliate of Keller Williams Realty) is one the country’s fastest growing mortgage companies in the country! We employ over 700 employees, and we are licensed to operate in 49 States (soon to be all 50). In 2019, per Scotsman Guide, we were the 47th largest Mortgage Lender in the United States, with a loan volume of over $2.9 billion. We also placed 40 of our loan officers onto Scotsman’s Guide list of Top Originators (based on volume) for 2019, which represents about 40% of our loan officers. In 2020, volumes are even higher, and we continue to grow! Our signature ZeroPlus loan program features Zero Lending Fees, and $1,000 towards Third Party costs.
This position reduces the risk to the organization by validating data and the completion of the loan file documents prior to the documents moving forward to closing. This position performs the validation utilizing company approved checklists and workflow, and corrects or have corrected all documentation and or system deficiencies required per the approved checklist to ensure the successful delivery of the closed loan to the agency or investor post funding.
- The complete review of the residential mortgage loans file documentation; based on the Quality Assurance (QA) checklist
- Review loan file assets, income, collateral, and other loan documentation for underwriting guidelines and investor overlay; analyzing for evidence of fraud
- Communicate any/all conditions to the team based on above review of the loan file
- Issue denial notices to the borrower on a regulated and timely basis
- Assemble necessary files for regular QA audits by external party/parties
- Assemble files for State audits and review
- Gather and provide documentation for QA items listed as a result of external audit
- Communicate QA items and outcomes to department staff for future preparation; and company staff for overall knowledge and compliance
- Monitor incoming loans for anti-predatory requirements, as required by each State
- Partner with the title company to either re-record or correct errors from the investor’s QA process
- Work with the QA team to ensure complete coverage of the QA process. This may require cross-training with other team members and dove-tail coverage to ensure quality control measures are always in place
- Represent Keller Mortgage’s mission, vision and values with integrity and professionalism
- Other duties as required
- Two or more years of QA or Audit experience in a residential mortgage or financial services environment
- Demonstrated experience successfully reviewing loan documentation for fraudulent activity
- Demonstrated experience working with external auditors
- Working knowledge of anti-predatory requirements by State
- Proven experience prioritizing projects based upon business demands and multiple requests from various entities in a fast-paced, high-production, deadline driven environment
- Proven experience adhering to deadlines and expected delivery dates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to multi-task, and stay organized in an independent environment
- Possess a passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity
- HS Diploma or equivalent; preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (Finance/Accounting)
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Keller Mortgage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.