Mortgage Closing Specialist
Operations – Closing /
Full-time (Remote/Work From Home)
Keller Mortgage (an affiliate of Keller Williams Realty) is one the country’s fastest growing mortgage companies in the country! We employ over 700 employees, and we are licensed to operate in 49 States (soon to be all 50). In 2019, per Scotsman Guide, we were the 47th largest Mortgage Lender in the United States, with a loan volume of over $2.9 billion. We also placed 40 of our loan officers onto Scotsman’s Guide list of Top Originators (based on volume) for 2019, which represents about 40% of our loan officers. In 2020, volumes are even higher, and we continue to grow! Our signature ZeroPlus loan program features Zero Lending Fees, and $1,000 towards Third Party costs.
Closing Specialists prepare and maintain Closing Documents based on underwriting and compliance requirements; and deliver the Closing Documents to the settlement agent/title agency on-time. Additionally, they will be:
- Ordering and preparation of closing instructions
- Preparation of Closing Disclosures
- Preparing Closing packages based on underwriting, processing, and investor requirements in accordance with Keller Mortgage’s policies and procedures
- Executing company procedures in the preparation of all necessary closing documents required to close and fund residential mortgage loans in accordance with company and investor policies and requirements
- Preparing the closing worksheet and completing the pre-closing Quality Control (QC) review of assigned files
- Ensuring that all underwriting, QC and closing conditions are satisfied prior to loan closing; and releasing of the closing package to the closing agent
- Release closing documents, including all at-closing conditions to the closing agent in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Provide funding authorization for disbursement of funds after review of signed closing package. Fund loans and ensure timely delivery of funds to closing
- Fielding requests and inquiries from multiple internal and external parties. This position routinely interacts with other company staff involved in accounting, underwriting and processing
- Maintaining a strong attention to detail; be very organized and analytical; possess an aptitude for figures and accurate data entry ability
- Maintain a working knowledge of Federal and State mandated consumer disclosures requirements (such as the Loan Estimate & Closing Disclosure; the Mortgage Servicing Disclosure Statement) and remain alert to consumer disclosure issues that arise during loan closing
- Maintain a positive and cooperative attitude; have good interpersonal and communication skills; be comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment; enjoy multi-tasking; have the ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise; and be able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume
- Proven ability to accurately complete work prior to impending deadlines
- Proven experience working in a collaborative environment; including, but not limited to answering questions and problem prior to Closing
- Represent Keller Mortgage’s mission, vision and values with integrity and professionalism
- Other duties as required
- Three or more years of experience as a Closing Agent/Closing Specialist within the mortgage industry. Preferred candidates will have experience in a multi-state mortgage environment
- Proven experience prioritizing projects based upon business demands and multiple requests from various entities in a fast-paced, high-production, deadline driven environment
- Proven experience adhering to deadlines and expected delivery dates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to multi-task, and stay organized in an independent environment
- Possess a passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity
- Experience with Encompass software application is preferred.
- Proven experience with a paperless Loan Origination System; preferred candidates will have experience with Encompass
- HS Diploma or equivalent; preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (Finance/Accounting)
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Keller Mortgage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.