Mortgage Compliance Manager
Compliance – Compliance /
Keller Mortgage (an affiliate of Keller Williams Realty) is one of the country’s fastest growing mortgage companies in the country! We employ over 800 employees, and we are licensed to operate in 49 States (soon to be all 50). In 2019, per Scotsman Guide, we were the 47th largest Mortgage Lender in the United States, with a loan volume of over $2.9 billion. We also placed 40 of our loan officers onto Scotsman’s Guide list of Top Originators (based on volume) for 2019, which represents about 40% of our loan officers. In 2020, we closed over $5.7 billion in loans, and we are expecting even more growth in 2021. Come join the Keller Mortgage family!
- Ensure that Keller Mortgage operations and procedures comply with legal regulations and internal policies
- Evaluate all current and new compliance regulations; review company processes; lead compliance training
- Clear all outstanding NMLS items for branch and corporate licenses, as well as coordinate Loan Officer license updates
- Primary point of communication for Loan Officers regarding training and licensing
- Manage all Loan Officer, branch, and corporate fillings.
- File monthly, quarterly, semi-monthly, and annual state reports on behalf of Company
- Work closely with external state auditors to ensure successful examination results
- Assist with HDMA and Fair Lending Audits
- Review loan scenarios based on agency and investor guidelines
- Recommend best course of action to resolve any compliance errors
- Conduct third party and internal audits
- Provide recommendations to reduce risk, based on audit results
- Represent Keller Mortgage’s mission, vision and values with integrity and professionalism
- Other duties as required
- Five or more years of compliance experience in a financial services or mortgage environment
- Three or more years of experience as a Compliance Manager
- Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Working knowledge of the Nationwide Multi-state Licensing System (NMLS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of mortgage banking risks
- Proven experience analyzing Fair Lending data to determine risk
- Demonstrated ability and experience providing successful solutions to discovered risks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Encompass; preferred candidates will have experience working in Velocify
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand various legal documents
- Working knowledge of Lexis Nexis or Westlaw
- Proven experience successfully interacting with state regulators, consumers, and internal staff
- Proven experience successfully working in a confidential environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; preferred candidates will have a Master’s Degree or JD
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Keller Mortgage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.