Condo Review Specialist (Remote/Work From Home)
Operations – Underwriting /
Full-time (Remote/Work From Home)
Keller Mortgage (an affiliate of Keller Williams Realty) is one the country’s fastest growing mortgage companies in the country! We employ over 700 employees, and we are licensed to operate in 49 States (soon to be all 50). In 2019, per Scotsman Guide, we were the 47th largest Mortgage Lender in the United States, with a loan volume of over $2.9 billion. We also placed 40 of our loan officers onto Scotsman’s Guide list of Top Originators (based on volume) for 2019, which represents about 40% of our loan officers. In 2020, volumes are even higher, and we continue to grow! Our signature ZeroPlus loan program features Zero Lending Fees, and $1,000 towards Third Party costs.
- Request, review and verify all loan documents including income, asset documentation, employment, credit, Title Commitment, Homeowners Insurance Policy, appraisal and title insurance; to ensure complete and accurate information is contained within the file before submitting to the underwriting department
- Obtain required project approvals when needed, ensure that they are complete and ready to clear for the loan file
- Confirm that the appraisal is scheduled in a timely and efficient manner once the borrower’s contract is in the loan file
- Confirm the appraisal’s due date, confirming receipt of the completed appraisal, and notify the appropriate party when the appraisal has been received
- Review appraisal documents once they are received for accuracy, value and/or repairs, and communicate such information to the loan file team as needed. Requesting corrections with AMC as needed
- Clearly and effectively communicate information on condo values and any repairs the condo requires to internal teams and the Borrower
- Answer Borrower and team questions in a timely and professional manner
- Review and clear all processing conditions regarding condos as set by both the Underwriter and Quality Assurance; request corrections on documents as needed
- Order and review Final Inspection(s); notify the appropriate team once inspections have been completed and/or any required work has been completed.
- Submit reconsideration for appraised value to AMC as needed
- Ensure that any necessary changes which require re-disclosure have been accurately noted and confirmed in the loan origination system for compliance purposes
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked on in accordance with the company’s timeline expectations
- Represent Keller Mortgage’s mission, vision and values with integrity and professionalism
- Other duties as required
- Two or more years of mortgage industry experience; with at least one year of Condo Review experience
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Federal and State guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, and HMDA
- Demonstrate advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers
- Proven experience prioritizing projects based upon business demands and multiple requests from various entities in a fast-paced, high-production, deadline driven environment
- Proven experience adhering to deadlines and expected delivery dates
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact
- Proven ability to multi-task, and stay organized in an independent environment
- Possess a passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity
- Experience with Encompass software application is preferred.
- Proven experience with a paperless Loan Origination System; preferred candidates will have experience with Encompass
- HS Diploma or equivalent; preferred candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field (Finance/Accounting)
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related duties on occasion.
Keller Mortgage is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and inclusiveness, and we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.