Customer Success Manager (US - East)
US - East /
Revenue – Customer Success /
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
About the role
At Kentik, we want to take great care of our Customers and ensure that they get the most value out of their relationship with Customer Success and our Products. We strive to build long lasting, deep relationships with our customers and be there for them throughout our joint success journey.
This role establishes and maintains ownership of the entire Customer experience including initial onboarding, ongoing cadence, customer journey, as well as managing renewals. Additionally, the role is a key contributor to identifying expansion and upsell opportunities, with joint responsibility together with the sales team over those opportunities.
Are you outgoing, detail oriented, emotionally intelligent, and know how to balance competing priorities? If so, let’s have a conversation about joining Kentik’s growing Customer Success Division.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to join a scaling, growing, and nurturing team of Success professionals.
- Proactive outreach owner for their entire book of business
- Work with really exciting companies using Kentik
- Establish and maintain rapport with all assigned accountsIdentify and foster key customer champions across different parts of the customer organization and take responsibility for the customer’s long-term health and success
- Support customers through the Kentik Customer Journey: from on-boarding through adoption, to renewal and growth
- Work closely with your team of Customer Success Engineers, Account Executives, Sales Engineers and Kentik Leadership to ensure customers have an optimal experience and achieve their desired outcomesIdentify and call out account risks
- Capture key customer needs, translate them to internal tasks, and execute
- Aim to become each customer’s trusted advisor by displaying a high degree of emotional intelligence and being each customer’s advocate back to other Kentik teams
- Ability to work in a customer-first, team collaborative setting, supporting other team members and sharing what is working as well as what could be improved
- Travel on-site to key customers as needed
- At least 5 years of Customer Success Management / Account Management experience
- High degree of proficiency in Salesforce CRM, Google Suite, Modern SaaS CS tools (Catalyst.io, Pendo, Looker, etc.)
- Outgoing and proactive personality
- Clear communication, choosing the right mode of communication naturally (email, phone, messaging, etc.)
- High degree of communication confidence, able to speak with authority and lead customer meetings to favorable outcomes
- Previous SaaS experience required
- Revenue recognition experience in a SaaS framework is a strong plus
- Prior start-up experience helpful, ability to work through some ambiguity in an independent fashion
- Emotional intelligence, ability to pick up interpersonal, unspoken communication and leverage these to drive better outcomes
- “Get it done” mindset
- Enjoy what you do and contribute your unique experience to benefit both the team and our customers
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (post-COVID)
- Ready to bring your whole self to the job, have a sense of humor and be authentic
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.