Head of Design
R&D – Frontend /
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
About the role
Kentik is rapidly expanding its product offerings and seeks an experienced, hands-on leader to head our user experience and design arm. At Kentik, we believe that an intuitive and consistent customer experience is central to our success. To this end, our design function must be highly collaborative and unite UX strategy and designs across Product, Marketing, and Engineering, bringing focus to our overarching end-user experience within a Product Led Growth (PLG) model.
At Kentik, we have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, both internally and with our customers.
What to expect in this role
- Building and evolving a compelling Product Led Growth based UX strategy for the company
- Daily collaboration and fostering relationships with Product Management, Marketing and Engineering teams
- Heavy, hands-on production of high-fidelity designs that promote ease of use, consistency across media (product, website, assets), and high levels of polish
- Frequent customer/end-user interaction, including conducting end-user research for both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Establishing a hiring strategy and grow the team to meet the company’s UX & design needs
What you bring
- Made substantial contributions to the design of a B2B SaaS product
- Experience with Product Led Growth concepts, such as low-barrier onboarding and product virality
- Built user-friendly designs for data-heavy products or applications
- Experience executing a cross-functional UX strategy, especially in collaboration with Product teams
- Experience working with customers and end-users to gather feedback and/or conduct research
- Ability to grasp UI engineering concepts and design-related tradeoffs therein
- Participated in recruiting and hiring of UX designers
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in joining the Kentik team and what in particular about our UX and design direction intrigues you the most.