Solutions Engineer (SF Bay Area)
San Francisco Bay Area
Sales – Global Sales
For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the only AIOps platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, Pandora, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
About the role:
Do you love helping customers implement innovative solutions and solve technical problems? Do you have a passion for learning about the latest technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand the unique business value that a technical solution provides? Are you ready to bring a combination of technical skills, business acumen, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to help customers successfully leverage the Kentik solution to transform their businesses?
Kentik is looking for a Solutions Engineer in the San Francisco Bay Area to support our growing sales team and help bring the Kentik solution to market. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Kentik’s most important technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry, and develop your skills within one of the most innovative companies in the networking space. Solution Engineers at Kentik have the opportunity to help shape our product strategy and enable a broad set of use cases by working directly with our customers.
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales process including product demonstration, proof of concept, customer on-boarding, and feature requests
- Respond to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs
- Assist marketing in identifying opportunities to expand product marketing collateral to help close sales opportunities
- Champion of listening to customer requirements to channel product feedback and feature requests to the product management organization
- In collaboration with Customer Success, post-sales engineering check-ins with customers to maintain high customer success rates, share new features and product roadmap, and help customers integrate with their own in-house tools and systems
- Work in tandem with account team to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual booking objectives
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and meetups
- Travel to customers in designated territory
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a high tech sales/solutions engineering or systems/network engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct technical conversations with prospects ranging from staff-level engineers and architects to senior executives
- Experience managing Cisco/Juniper routers and your own Linux servers
- Strong understanding of routing, switching, BGP, MPLS, and NetFlow/IPFIX/sFlow technologies
- Programming proficiency in a scripting language
- Understanding of DDoS attacks and basic mitigation methods
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Previous work experience selling to network and systems engineers and architects
- Background or product interest in security, performance, monitoring, and/or infrastructure space
- Scripting proficiency in Python, Bash, Ansible, or Perl
- Basic database and/or SQL experience
- Familiarity with open source technologies such as Elastic, SiLK, pmacct, and nfsen
- Experience dealing with big data systems such as hadoop/mapreduce, time series data (e.g., opentsdb) and NoSQL databases
- In depth knowledge of one or more public cloud architectures (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Early member of a sales team at a hyper-growth startup
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account up to $4,500/year for those with families
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Monthly contribution toward transit and/or parking
- Catered lunches, free snacks and drinks
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast growing, well-funded startup that is building something special: the first AIOps platform for the network professional. Kentik is located in SOMA by Oracle Park, a hotbed of innovation and talent, with team members around the world. You will have the opportunity to work alongside with world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations.