Sales Development Representative (SF Bay Area)
San Francisco Bay Area
Sales – Global Sales
For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the only AIOps platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, Pandora, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
About the role:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is the crucial first touchpoint into prospective customers. SDR’s at Kentik drive targeting and outreach to prospective customers in partnership with the field sales team. Once trained, this role provides an opportunity for creative thinking and approach to meet the business objectives laid out by leadership. SDR’s will enjoy working with and learning from the mentoring of great sellers, strong leadership, and an environment of support, learning, and career advancement.
You have multiple options as an SDR in terms of your future career path, including joining the Sales ranks, Customer Success, Marketing and other departments within Kentik, as well as potentially stepping into management
- Schedule meetings with the Sales team for new opportunities
- Generate interest and create opportunities with new prospects through outbound cold calls and emails
- Decide which accounts to target and whom to reach out to
- Meet your monthly and quarterly targets
- Perform the research on targeted accounts
- Meet your daily and weekly activity goals
- Qualify prospective customers and understand an organization’s business
- Drive interest in and schedule meetings at industry events throughout the calendar year
- Create strategic activities leading up to industry events to allow entire sales team to efficiently execute during event meetings
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Minimum of 1 year of Sales, Sales Development, Business Development, or Lead Generation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Willingness to travel as needed
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Monthly contribution toward transit and/or parking
- Catered lunches, free snacks and drinks
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast growing, well-funded startup that is building something special: the first AIOps platform for the network professional. Kentik is located in SOMA by Oracle Park, a hotbed of innovation and talent, with team members around the world. You will have the opportunity to work alongside with world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations.