Regional Sales Manager (Dallas, TX)
Dallas, TX /
Sales – Global Sales /
For businesses running dynamic and complex networks that exceed efficient human operational scale, Kentik® is the provider of the only AIOps platform specifically designed for network professionals. Kentik uniquely unifies diverse data streams across cloud and traditional infrastructure to produce instant insights that accelerate network team efficiency, automate issue resolution, and create new business capabilities.
Kentik is central to the global operations of many of the world’s largest network infrastructure operators including IBM, Cisco, Box, Pandora, and Zoom. Based in San Francisco, Kentik is venture funded and backed by tier 1 venture capital firms such as First Round Capital, Data Collective, August Capital, Third Point Ventures, and Webb Investment Network.
About the role:
Kentik is looking for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) based in the Washington, DC area with experience managing a large territory for a fast-growing network and/or security software product. If you have a track record of overachieving quota, selling into both Service Provider and Enterprise accounts, and leading a territory to success, we want to talk to you! The ideal candidate is a hunter who can work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Prospect for new business with new customers to rapidly expand given territory
- Generate a high volume of new opportunities to deliver predictable business
- Diligently manage pipeline, leading to accurate forecasting
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycleAchieve QoQ growth in your territory
- Work collaboratively with SDR and marketing teams to build demand gen programs that generate net new pipeline for your territory
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors and industry trends
- Travel is a requirement and you must be able to travel on short notice
- Preferably in the Dallas, TX but open to candidates in surrounding cities in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast
- Experienced salesperson with a minimum of 8-years experience selling products in the areas of network monitoring, analytics, and forensics
- Experience managing a large territory and quickly prioritizing prospects to meet your number
- Proven track record of sales performance
- Experience closing deals up to $1M or more in TCV on a recurring revenue basis and an expert at working a robust funnel
- Generate large volumes of pipeline to deliver predictable businessMaintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors and industry trends
- Strong pipeline management skills and forecasting of territory performance
- Ability to position new technology, present to both technical practitioners and C-level executives, and map strong product functionality to business value
- Bullish about new technology, technically curious, and has the desire and mentality to be a part of a dynamic and fast-paced startup
- Aptitude running complex enterprise sales motions
- Driven by recognition, both monetary and performance-based
- Exceptional listening and consultative selling skills
- Strong references from colleagues, superiors, and customers
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account up to $4,500/year for those with families
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Monthly contribution toward transit and/or parking
- Catered lunches, free snacks and drinks
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast growing, well-funded startup that is building something special: the first AIOps platform for the network professional. Kentik is located in SOMA by Oracle Park, a hotbed of innovation and talent, with team members around the world. You will have the opportunity to work alongside with world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations.