Customer Success Engineer (Europe)
Revenue – Customer Success /
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
About the role
Are you customer outcomes focused, detail oriented, emotionally aware, and know how to balance competing priorities? If so, let’s have a conversation about joining Kentik’s growing Customer Success Division.
At Kentik, we want to take great care of our Customers and ensure that they get the most value out of their relationship with Customer Success and our Products. We strive to build long lasting, deep relationships with our customers and be there for them throughout our joint success journey.
This role will initially focus in roughly equal parts on the proactive as well as the reactive side of Customer Success. You will be working on helping onboard, train and achieve business value outcomes on a technical level with Kentik’s customers. Additionally, you will be working on inbound support cases from our customer base, providing vital timezone coverage for our European, African, and Asian customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to join a scaling, growing, and nurturing team of Success professionals.
The ideal candidate will be located in Germany, however, interested candidates from other European countries are also encouraged to apply for consideration.
- Take ownership of inbound support cases
- Correspond with customers in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Proactively work to escalate issues
- Clarify and transcribe customer feature requests into internal systems
- Partake in the technical aspect of supporting customers through the Kentik Customer Journey: from on-boarding, through adoption, to renewal and growth
- Work closely with your team of Customer Success Managers, Account Executives, Sales Engineers and Customer Success Leadership to ensure customers have an optimal experience and achieve their desired outcomes
- Aim to become each customer’s trusted advisor by displaying a high degree of emotional intelligence and being each customer’s advocate back to other Kentik teams
- Work in a customer-first, team-first setting, supporting other team members and sharing what is working as well as what could be improved
- Some occasional travel on-site to key customers as needed
- Strong English language skills required
- Bi-lingual skills a strong plus (German, French, Spanish, Portuguese or Italian)
- Technical Customer Support experience a strong plus
- Approachable and proactive personality
- Ability to adapt working hours to accommodate customers in European and Asia Pacific timezones
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM / Service Cloud, Google Suite, Guru, Modern SaaS CS tools
- Very strong written communication skills, must be able to write clearly, concisely and effectively for highly technical content
- Experience with writing scripts in Python, Perl or similar modern web languages, strong working familiarity with APIs and writing and maintaining API-based code
- Hands-on experience with the Linux command line, having built and maintained Linux-based servers and cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on familiarity with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Experience with internet protocols (BGP, MPLS, etc.) as well as monitoring (Netflow, Jflow, Sflow, SNMP, streaming telemetry, etc.)
- Experience with common vendor CLI’s such as Cisco and Juniper devices
- Hands-on experience with database technologies (PostgresQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with creating and evaluating packet captures
- Previous SaaS experience is a strong plus
- Prior start-up experience helpful, able to work through some ambiguity in an independent fashion and without hesitation
- Emotional intelligence, ability to pick up unspoken and/or unwritten communication and leverage these to drive better outcomes
- “Get it done” mindset
- Enjoy what you do and contribute your unique experience to benefit both the team and our customers
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (post-COVID)
- Ready to bring your whole self to the job, have a sense of humor and be authentic
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.