Solutions Engineer (Pre & Post Sales)
Sales – Solutions Engineering
Do you love helping customers implement innovative solutions and solve technical problems? Do you have a passion for learning about the latest technologies? Do you have a knack for helping customers understand the unique business value that a technical solution provides? Are you ready to bring a combination of technical skills, business acumen, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude to help customers successfully leverage the Kentik Detect platform to transform their businesses?
Kentik is seeking a highly motivated Solutions Engineer to support our growing sales and customer success teams and help bring the Kentik solution to market and aid adoption! This is an excellent opportunity to join Kentik’s technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers in the industry, and develop your skills within one of the most innovative companies in the networking space.
As a Solutions Engineer at Kentik, you will have the opportunity to help shape the strategy and enable a broad use of Kentik’s cloud-based network analytics platform by directly working with our key customers. Your responsibilities will include owning technical engagement and successful product adoption with specific customers, as well as assisting with on-boarding of new customers, all while developing deep expertise in the Kentik Detect platform and a broader know-how of how monitoring and analytics systems are designed within the industry.
Kentik’s customers operate the world’s largest networks — they literally build and run the Internet — and we help them do it better, faster, and more profitably. Our SaaS-based network analytics platform collects mountains of real-time network telemetry and distills it into instant, actionable insights. Operations teams use Kentik to find and fix problems faster and ensure the availability and performance of their networks. Engineering teams deliver traffic more efficiently at a lower cost, while sales and product teams uncover new ways to increase revenue. From titans of online content like Yelp, Pandora, and Box, to global infrastructure providers like Limelight Networks, GTT, and Cogent, we enable our customers to focus on what they do best: delivering phenomenal digital experiences.
- Manage all technical aspects of sales process including product demonstration, proof of concept, customer on-boarding, and feature discussions
- Respond to RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs
- Champion of listening to customer requirements to channel product feedback and feature requests to the product management organization
- As part of Customer Success, facilitate post-sales engineering check-ins with customers to maintain high customer success rates, share new features and product roadmap, and help customers integrate with their own in-house tools and systems
- Work as part of the sales and customer success team to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual booking objectives
- Attend trade shows, conferences, and meetups
- Travel to customers in designated territory
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a hi-tech sales/solutions engineering or systems/network engineering role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct technical conversations with prospects ranging from staff-level engineers and architects to senior executives
- Experience managing Cisco/Juniper routers and your own Linux servers
- Strong understanding of routing, switching, BGP, MPLS, and NetFlow/IPFIX/sFlow technologies
- Scripting proficiency in at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash etc.)
- Understanding of DDoS attacks and basic mitigation methods
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Previous work experience selling to network and systems engineers and architects
- Previous experience selling & supporting flow-based solutions
- Background or product interest in security, performance, monitoring, and/or infrastructure space
- Scripting proficiency in multiple scripting language (Perl, Python, Bash etc.), previous ownership over scripted implementation for other products.
- Basic database knowledge and SQL experience
- Familiarity with open source technologies such as Elastic, SiLK, pmacct, and nfsend
- Experience dealing with big data systems such as hadoop/mapreduce, time series data (e.g., opentsdb) and NoSQL databases
- In depth knowledge of one or more public cloud architectures (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Early member of a sales and/or customer success team at a high-growth startup