Senior UI Engineer
R&D – Frontend /
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
About the role
Our platform ingests hundreds of billions of records and serves hundreds of thousands of queries for our users each day. You will gain experience building a production quality, high performance server-and-client SaaS application that handles uniquely high volumes of data.
We have built a team of world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders in a remote-friendly culture from day one. While prior experience in a remote environment is not required, we highly value strong collaboration and communication skills, as well as a high level of independence and autonomy.
What to expect in this role
- A high degree of autonomy in developing state-of-the-art UIs
- Work with engineering leadership to enhance the design and architecture of our product offerings
- Participating in peer code review
- Daily collaboration with your team, engineering leaders, and product managers
- Regular collaboration with other development teams and our technical operations group
- React, MobX, Highcharts, d3, and Mapbox
- Node.js, Express, and Bookshelf/Knex
- PostgreSQL, MySQL and Redis
Our Current Tech Stack
What you bring
- Passion for pixel perfect, highly interactive user experiences
- The ability to efficiently debug and solve issues
- Deep experience with React, HTML and CSS
- Experience with data analytics and data visualization
- Experience with production Node.js (express)
- A solid understanding of SQL syntax, especially with PostgreSQL and MySQL
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. Kentik is headquartered in San Francisco with team members around the world.
In your cover letter, please describe why you are interested in joining the Kentik team and the UI Engineering team in particular.