G&A – Finance
We are looking for a highly talented, and experienced Staff Accountant to join our finance team. The successful candidate should be detail-oriented, organized, focused, able to prioritize workloads, and produce high-quality work. The position reports to the Corporate Controller.
Why work at Kentik? We offer a competitive salary, first rate benefits and the chance to build something special: redefine network traffic intelligence. See our careers page for more details. We are located in SOMA by Oracle Park, a hotbed of innovation and talent. You will be in company with world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations. We’re passionate about unlocking the value of operational data so that our customers can innovate and excel.
- Record daily cash transactions including sweep, outgoing bill payments, incoming ACH, credit card payments and check deposits. Apply proper currency conversion rates for foreign currency transactions.
- Process all customer invoicing and follow up on the collection of past due accounts receivable.Maintain billing data in Salesforce to ensure order processing is complete and accurate. Follow up with the sales team as needed.
- Complete customer and vendor registration requests and assist with tax and regulatory filings.
- Review expense reports and corporate credit card activity, including associated receipts, for adherence to the company’s Travel & Entertainment Policy.
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger and depreciation schedule. Track transfers of assets between locations and assets taken out of service.
- Assist with preparing month-end journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of financial accounting experience in technology companies and/or audit firms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Excel
- Experience with QBO, Bill.com, Salesforce, and Expensify
- Experience with an Assets Management System is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision (100% covered for employees & dependents by company)
- Health Reimbursement Account (Additional $4,500/year for families)
- Maternity/Paternity Leave (Up to 4 months paid leave)
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Monthly contribution toward transit and/or parking
- Catered lunches, free snacks and drinks