Head of Product
Remote (North America or Europe) /
Product Management – Product Management /
Kepler is on a Mission to bring the internet to space. Incorporated in 2015, Kepler’s guiding star is to enable the space economy through the creation of a communication network in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) that will provide connectivity services to other space missions, be they on orbit in LEO, MEO, GEO, or beyond. With an expanding base of early customers and our first 21 satellites in orbit, Kepler is continuing to grow and expand its most important asset – the Team! Based out of our HQ in Toronto and with an office in the UK and a newly formed office in the US we are building towards a truly global company delivering a product for the whole world.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Senior Product Manager who is motivated by the desire to optimize productization and nurture product life cycle success from inception to market. You are flexible and adaptive to a frequently changing environment.
The role will have the responsibility for spearheading one of Kepler’s services, its vision, the product strategy and roadmap. You will work closely with a product owner and a project manager to prioritize features based on customer insight and market intelligence. You will work closely with the sales and marketing teams to position the service and build a compelling story that clearly articulates the products' value prop. Anticipate having to navigate pre-product-market-fit territory.
- Understand and represent user needs for one of the Kepler services.
- Monitoring the market and develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Define the vision and product strategy.
- Align all internal stakeholders with the vision for the product i.e., what’s the problem we’re solving, why are we solving it, who are we solving it for.
- Work together with the product owner and project manager to prioritize feature backlog, organize sprint planning sessions, and participate in daily scrums.
- Own and maintain a product agile brief that can be referenced by anyone in the organization.
- Become the voice of the customer within Kepler and encourage a customer first mentality.
- Collaborate with the sales team to gain insights on customer dialogues, their pain points, challenges in conversation.
- Engage with customers (internal and external) and partners to deliver roadmap updates, get product feedback, and identify additional challenges and opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketing team to correctly position the services.
- Help build product processes within Kepler to enable product-led development.
- Maintain an up-to-date roadmap.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent, in engineering or technical field.
- 8+ years of combined Product Management, Engineering, or other relevant areas.
- Experience seeing a company bring a product to market for the first time.
- Experience seeing a company run a product post-product market fit.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment where decisions must sometimes be made without an abundance of data and information.
- Strong analytical skills coupled with genuine curiosity, and a data-driven mindset.
- Experience working with a cross-functional product team (e.g., hardware, software, infrastructure etc.).
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize product features based on data or feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with B2B products and services.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong creativity and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrates excellent influencing/negotiation skill.
- Experience in optical or RF communications.
- Experience successfully driving products to market.
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment.
Kepler Communications Inc. is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, people who identify as LGBT and others who may contribute to diversification in our workplace.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Kepler will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact our People & Culture team, through our Career Page to make your accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.